Weird Adventurous trip

I was in a bus with a ticket but the irony of having a ticket and the journey is somewhat weird and crazy. Let me make some sense out of what I am trying to tell u. Hope u understand!!

When I started the journey, even though I had a place to sit in the bus.. n even though I was sitting but I was actually not sitting where I should have been sitting..

Let c if I can make u understand..

There is leg space between two seats in the bus..right..

Now someone kept his suitcase blocking the leg space and a lady was sitting next to my allotted seat. I came and put my bag on that suitcase and went to get water. When I came back (for which I had to climb through the drivers place as there was no place to even stand anywhere in the bus.. it was so over crowded). Somehow when I managed to reach the allotted seat of mine, some guy was sitting on that place. He claimed that seat to be his and I fought with him just to find that lady was occupying my place actually. But because there wasn't any place to even stand, I climbed on my bag and managed to sit uncomfortably for some time. But in sometime my back started hurting.. so I thought of shifting my position and guess how I landed...

aah... I was sitting facing the guy and the lady while sitting on the bag, resting my feet between those two people in the little space provided and the whole bus was literally starring at me coz I was facing the bus while sitting in that awkward position.

Well u must be thinking I am dumb as inspite of having my ticket, I dint ask the lady to get up... well social service... that lady was a little aged and the whole bus was so over crowded that the passers by had stepped on my feet many times and dirtied my jeans with the dust of their shoes while they tried to manage a place to stand or rather say climb inside the bus. damn..... so I couldn't ask the lady to get up and give me the place.
Anyhow after 4-5 hours I asked that lady bout her destination and that gave me another shock. She was still 4 hrs away from her destined placed. (my journey in total was for 16 hrs) I gave her a terrified look and when the next stop came, managed to ask her to get up and sit somewhere else coz by then my ass started hurting bad. But to my surprise the adventure was not yet over.

A couple boarded in the bus with a small child with them. And I was targeted again. So the child was sitting on my lap for the next 3.5 hours. After some time the guy sitting next to me got down and I tried to catch up with some sleep while letting the kid have the joy of already sleeping in my lap. But another person who occupied the seat was sooooooooo fat that I barely managed to breathe for some time when he came n sat. gosh!!!!

Somehow, the stop with the maximum numbers of candidates on board came and I was able to breathe.Later when I reached Hisar (my first stop in the journey as I had to change a bus from here for home.) So I boarded another bus just to find that the engine of the bus got faulty in the middle of the journey...

So had to wait until the bus engines becomes ok or the conductor manages to get me a place in another bus. Hence, changed another bus and finally managed to reach home after 17 hours of bus journey!!!

so that was weird adventurous trip n way to home... :)

Comments

Gaurav Jain said…
Amazingly Weird Adventurous trip !
Kaycee said…
Miss.Shavi "Samaritan", [:)]
Oh my gosh!! That was truly an experience! Wish someone actually filmed you then! [:P]
I still can't imagine you sitting on top of your bag facing the bus!!
I bet you might have crashed on your bed as soon as you reached home!

Cheers,
KC
S@RG@M said…
When I was in 8th standard we had a chapter in our Hindi course book on Train Passengers; how the distaste of accommodating new passengers turned into new relationships.

Somewhat same's your experience- How you feel disgusted at it all, yet surrender to the whole scenario... ha ha ha. Especially the part of sacrificing your seat for the aged, or taking care of the weak.... A very well written excerpt. Send it to Reader's Digest, they're always in for such descriptive pieces.
Unknown said…
hohohoho..nice n adventourous trip...this teaches u a lesson...wen u knw that u need to travel for 16 hrs...u cud have opted for a sleeper bus or volvo either....rather then climbing a govt roadways....hehehehe
Shaveta said…
@ himani, while on return i tuk sleeper bus and it was a roller coaster ride experience for me

@ Sargam, i'll consider ur advice :)
Medha! said…
ah, welcome to india, eh? :D
Anushri Chordia said…
tu pagal hai ... is what this trip represents :P
u travelled 17 hours in BUS????????? why such an innovative thought???
gahh....may be u learnt your lesson then
Shaveta said…
ha ha.. all of u.. believe.. i am crazy :D
Gaurav Jain said…
i had a 24hrs bus journey..!
Sachin Garg said…
I understood this one!
woohoo!
Shaveta said…
@gaurav: hats off to you!!

@Sachin: way to go man.. thank god! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Life's Zugzwang

Valentines day and RAM SENA