UNTITLED

It’s like a dream, I am afraid to wake up from
It’s like ice-cream, I am afraid to let it melt
It’s like the lights, I am afraid to put them off
It’s like following those footsteps, I am afraid to leave behind

Holding it close enough, I am afraid to whisper
Words touching on the lips, I am afraid to murmur
Stuck with this world, I am afraid to sleep
Reason that I need, I am afraid to figure it

The only thing required, I am not afraid to give
Blowing in the direction of the wind, I am not afraid to live
Finding words for the right moment, I am not afraid to pick
Hurting the body and the soul, I am not afraid to forgive

Years those passed by, I am afraid to look back at them
Moving ahead, I am afraid to be all alone on the stand
Shadows behind and around, I am afraid to fight them
Jeopardizing the life, I am afraid to loose that hand

Changing the world around me, I am not afraid to take the risk
Deciding at the last moment, I am not afraid to work on it
Starting from the scratch, I am not afraid to take the first step
Back into the spell, I am not afraid to gather the strength

Flying in the sky so high, I am not going to stop until the last try
Weaving the dreams with the open eyes,
It’s like the child, waiting to lay out the first cry
Turning and tossing, taking whether right or left
Priority or just the option, it’s the way I felt
Worthless or valuable, are the matters to be dealt
Don’t wait and watch, work until the only breath

Waking up and realizing the dream
Switching on the lights and watching the screen
Wondering if I should shout or scream
I am afraid life’s not the melting icecream!

Comments

Fat Girl said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
hummmmm hummmm hummmm..........

another good one!!

(though i first thought its a waste of blog space :-P)

its deep....
if some of u guys didn't understand it (lyk me at 1st n 2nd n 3rd read!!! :-D )

thn.... read it in da context: tht its her last yr at da collg!!

whn FINALLY my tube-light ws enlightened by the kind mis shavi n i read da poem again.......

i ws lyk fck!! its DAMN GOOD!!

it reminded me of my last daz at collg!!

n all da "kiddas" i hd done thr n all da ppl i miss ma hostel mates n all.....

i ws lyk fck yaar! y didn't i hd one more yr of it!!!

sweet memories man!!

n they were all refreshed!!

2ndly...
da besutiful poem also speaks abt future prospects.... n her determination to face da devil with all her fury!! n beat it to da ground!!

tht's da spirit gurl!!! tht's fckin cool!!!
ALSO!!

a "chawanni" fr da person who cn tell me da "CATCH OF THE POEM"!!

:-D

:-P
Kaycee said…
Mind-Blowing!!!
I'm speechless after reading this poem!!
Mujhe mere college ke dino kii yaaad dila dii tu...

This poem people can co-relate to different facets of their lives!!

Popular posts from this blog

Weird Adventurous trip

Life's Zugzwang

Valentines day and RAM SENA