VDJS - My Alma Mater

VDJS, its my Alma mater. VDJS stands for Vidya Devi Jindal School. It is in Hisar and more information about the school can be found at http://www.vdjs.edu.in/

This year, my school completed 25 yeras of its existence and it is a proud moment for every other jindalite. In its memory, I thought of giving my regards to the school by putting my memories of the school days into the following words.. before I proceed further, a line from the school's anthem.. VDJS, we love, you love, we love you.. VDJS WE LOVE YOU!!!

here it goes....

With the love you bestowed on me for eight years
I can't stop but recall those days here
With Granny holding our hands on first day
Putting us up in our dormitories with a happy face
Missing my home, I cried day and night
But VDJS loved me like its own child
Without shedding more tears at that time
I started learning the life's drive
Blessed with wonderful teachers and friends
I had the amazing time of my life
Learning on every step I took
With devotion, the teachers marked my route
On which I walked and experienced
The wonderful hostel life of VDJS
Where the jam sessions were not enough
Without any occasions, life was always fun
Bunking the assembly and hiding into cupboards
The morning PT kept me always on run
With excuses of headache, I ran to dispensary
Which welcomed me yet the nurse was always angry
On parents visiting day, I went into hiding
To avoid those complaints my parents were listening
Yet they praised me with extra curricular activities
Winning debates and competitions, they were always happy
Time flew without any of us realizing
I was standing on the black gate and counting
The memory box was full and overflowing
Yet my eyes were wet because I was leaving
I owe my presence to the alma mater
Who taught me to walk without bumble
Wishing it on its 25th Anniversary
With love, I bow to its Excellency!

~~~~~

well thats my love for the school and I am sure almost all the jindalites would share the same feelings who knew who is granny I am talking about in the poem or the Morning PT terror or the fun of bunking morning assemblies or before dinner assemblies.. etc etc.. If i sit down to recall my eight years at this prestigious institution, I wouldnt do justice to my words, because no words can describe the care and love we got in this insitution :)

VDJS, I love you!


Comments

Kaycee said…
Hats off to VJDS! [:P]
If not for VJDS, you would have been a more notorious person than what you are today!
Lol... Mast likha hain re... mere college ke liye bhi likh dena next year! [:D]

Cheers,
KC
S@RG@M said…
Read this one on the VJDS blog itself. Its a nice one. Who created that blog, you??

I especially liked this line- "..Bunking the assembly and hiding into cupboards
The morning PT kept me always on run..."

coz it was kinda the same story as mine... PT... aarghh... I hated it then, and I hate it even now. he he he.
hmm.....alma mater and its memories...cn moisten our eyes even now...

good poem...pours ur heart out :)
Shaveta said…
@kaycee... haan likh dungi.. pehle tere college ki silver jublie toh ho.. :D

@ sargam.. well i guess those lines r true for almost everyone! thanks anyways!

@chitwan..thanks buddy for ur appreciation!

Popular posts from this blog

Weird Adventurous trip

Life's Zugzwang

Valentines day and RAM SENA